I guess the hardest part is over. The room is in a decent shape and totally possible to work in it. Not one single penny was spent; I used everything I had already bought/got in the past. It is not ready, and I guess it will never be.
Some organizing is needed, but nothing too bizarre. Some cosmetic changes here and there are needed as well, but we need to fell the space and change accordingly. I’m a very practical person and having things just for the sake of having, with no real meaning or usage doesn’t work for me. I like it visually and I get why people would want to have a pretty space with a lot of pretty objects, but if it disturbs the flow of work (complicated places to put pen, little working space because it’s taken over by plants, etc) it is just not right for me.
So here is how the office is as of today. As I said, some changes required, including cosmetic ones, but overall, pretty pleased with the result and how much it cost (several hours of my days).
The view from the door
Is it my impression or the shelf is inclined? Ikea Kids poster on the left. Lion illustration for a kids nursery there too. Yes, it is possible to have kids artwork in the office, but if it wasn’t for the printer, this could easily be a wall of a nursery.
The desk. This Ikea desk is a bit… wonky. Or maybe we just don’t know how to assemble Ikea’s furniture well. Anyhoo, it’s ok to type, but really bad to write or draw on. I have a dog instead of a mouse. 😉
Laptop down: tah-dah!
And now from a different angle.
Now this is the part where I’m not so sure of, and probably the space that might change.
Hiding the cables and wires, visible cables drive me crazy!
I’m thinking about putting some plants on top of the shelf and maybe were the camera is. This camera is an old film camera that I didn’t want to get rid of (yet).
Details: box with washi tape in (I spray painted it), a candle, tray with a stapler and cute notes, a mask. I am trying to make some room in the cupboard in the dining room, so some of the stuff I had there is coming to the office (the mask and the candle are two of them).
Details: I’ve finally updated the photos, adding more recent ones of Laura and Beatrice. Previous photos were all Laura’s, when she was between 1 and 3 months old!
Details: hubby wanted a planning board, a simple one. So I made this using an old board, cardboard paper, washi tape, glue and 3M Command tapes. I would have used a black pen to write the titles, but I wasn’t in the room when he did it.
That’s it, peeps! Next plans are to make a cover for the chair, add some green bits around, sort a box of frames I have on the floor and… do some work.