Bea is sleeping. She is on her knees and hands, moving back and forth. Eyes closed. She put her head down, but the bum is still up. She babbles: “ey, dla, dla, dla. Ba. Ey. Pllluuurrrrt (blowing raspberries)” Eyes still closed. Up again on her knees and hands and tries to move. She is agitated, seems desperate to relax and sleep, but she can’t.
The above happened last night, but it is becoming more frequent in the past weeks.
Baby Bea is turning 6 months old today. Exciting times!!
* She is so close to crawling. Maybe if I had let her practice this pass week, she would be now. This afternoon she was nearly there, but she was so tired that we had to cut the training session short. I am excited for her, but still feel it’s too early (for me)
* She sits on her own but she is still a bit wobbly and now and then falls on her face
* She can hold herself up (standing up) for a few seconds
* She is smiling a lot, mainly for me, daddy and Laura. She isn’t yet a huge massive fan of her big sister, but gets excited when she sees her and when Laura plays with her. Laura, on the other hand, loves her baby sister to bits, more and more
* Her vocabulary so far (and as far as I can remember): da, dadada, dla, dla dla dla, ba, bababa, bla, dey dey dey, tey tey tey, tla, tatata, bu, bué
* She is such a curious baby. So curious that her tiredness goes away when she has lots to see around. Last Tuesday was a classic example: she only had a nap from 9 to 9:30 am and didn’t sleep at all until 7pm, only because I had a busy day and had to drag her around several places. But she only complained around 5pm
* She is not a very friendly baby when it comes to strangers. She stares and pays a lot of attention to them, sometimes can even give a little smile, as long as she is not with them and facing me. If I’m in the same room and she is with somebody else, she is sure to cry and look at me “begging” to get her. If I’m not in the same room and she can’t hear my voice, she does fine
* I don’t think she will ever get used to the car seat, to my despair
* She loves her bath time even more, now that she can sit in the bath tub and play with Laura’s toys. It’s a shame that usually she is exhausted and the only thing she really likes is her bath, so the massage bit is normally cut short by her cries
* It’s impossible to change her nappy without a fight
* And she is a fighter. With her nails uncut, she is a fighter with claws. Sometimes it’s hard to believe she is just a cute, sweet, cuddly baby, especially when I have my face all scratched
* Nothing changed on the sleeping front – not on a positive way, at least
* She bites. She doesn’t have teeth but her bites hurt like hell. I promise that if she continues biting like that when she has teeth, I will stop breastfeeding her. Not just out of pain, but because my nipples will be gone.
* She seems like she is teething – bites and chews absolutely everything – but there’s so sign of a tooth coming
* No idea of her height and weight as I haven’t weighed her for a while (two months?). She seems fine to me (compact, lean baby), so I don’t care what her weight is
* We started giving her food today. If there is something I am more relaxed about is weaning. I was so stressed with Laura in the beginning, but I know what to expect now. So we will take it very easy in the next month or two, just giving her tiny bits of fruits and vegetables to play with and try and introducing proper meals slowly. Today the menu was apple (she liked it, she didn’t like it) and butternut squash (she liked, then she got tired of it). Sweet food not to shock her taste buds.
And the photos: