I decided not to have any resolutions for 2010. It’s pretty frustrating to get to the end of the year and realise you haven’t achived half of what you planned.
I can’t remember if I had resolutions for 2009, but I have to say that the year was quite quiet. It was a year of maintanance and little new “news”. And the new news wasn’t really planned.
In 2009, I was promoted at work (as expected), travelled a little (less than planned), renewed the rent of our actual flat (not ideal, but needed), I got my British driving license, exercised more than usual (still not enough), we finally went to Brazil together, and on the unexpected note, we are expecting a baby.
So, without making any plans for 2010 (although putting in writing adds a bit of formality to an unformal list), I have some stuff in mind. Having a baby doesn’t count – it’s no longer a resolution – and I heard it’s quite hard to have a life on your own when the little ones get, so it’s a hard task to think of something to accomplish along the year. Let me think…
ok, here it goes:
* I want to loose all the extra kilos I will put on during pregnancy (I’m not even saying I’m going to loose the extra ones I was trying to loose before pregnancy). Baby comes in May, so I have 7 months.
* I want to continue active after the baby is born (how? how? how? how?).
* I won’t abandon the blog completely.
* I will go out more for walks and get fresh air, with the baby of course.
* I’ll be more patient (I’ll have to).
* I’ll sleep less (any choice?).
* I’ll eat more fruits.
* I won’t go crazy like first moms and will keep my daily routine of eating, having showers, doing the laundry (HAHAHAHAHA).
* I’ll take more pictures.
I guess this is more than enough. Let’s see how it goes during the year.